The Frankfurt Book Fair is seeking a full-time Key Account Manager to acquire and maintain relationships with top customers in the US and Canada. This position is based in company’s New York City office.
The key account manager is responsible for managing relationships with the Frankfurt Book Fair’s top customers in the US and Canada, as well as developing new contacts and exploring new business opportunities for the fair. Working from the Frankfurt Book Fair’s New York office near Union Square, this person will be part of a small team working on a variety of publishing-related projects.
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about book publishing and international business, and has a background in sales, marketing, or rights. This person will have a proven track record in sales and customer service, and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Acquire new customers for the Frankfurt Book Fair
- Manage relationships and provide top-level customer support to key customers in the US and Canada
- Participate in strategic planning with your colleagues in Frankfurt, including drafting and implementing yearly sales forecasts
- Coordinate and work closely with the marketing and event teams in Frankfurt
- Represent the Frankfurt Book Fair at several domestic and international publishing events throughout the year
- 4 or more years’ experience in book publishing, marketing, or sales
- Experience in B2B and/or international sales
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Comfortable giving business presentations to existing and prospective customers
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Experience working with people from other cultures
- Superb organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Computer literacy
- 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Native or near-native English fluency
- German language preferred but not required
How to Apply
Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
Thomas Minkus at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Frankfurt Book Fair
The Frankfurt Book Fair is the largest professional book fair in the world. Each year in October, the fair hosts some 7,300 exhibitors from more than 100 countries, more than 275,000 visitors and 10,000 journalists, and more than 4,000 events. In addition, the company is active in the international book publishing industry year-round by organizing publishing-related events and exhibition stands throughout the year and around the world. The Frankfurt Book Fair has international offices in Beijing, New Delhi, Moscow, and New York, as well as staff in several other countries.