From Penguin Group (USA):
We are currently seeking a Community Manager for a new online project. This is a unique opportunity for someone with strong editorial skills and web knowledge to take on a non-traditional and entrepreneurial role within the company.
Specifically, the Community Manager:
**Please note that many of the details of the position are confidential at this stage.**
- Identifies and reaches out to eligible writers to join the beta-testing period of the project website.
- Identifies conversation leaders outside of the company to foster lively discussion threads on the project site.
- Builds innovative campaign to market and publicize project site launch and ongoing life of the site.
- Consults with editorial to gather feedback and help develop new works of fiction.
- Minimum 3 years prior editorial experience in a commercial fiction book publisher or 3 years working directly with commercial and genre fiction writers in some other capacity
- Demonstrated ability to identify commercially promising manuscripts
- Excellent writing and copywriting skills
- Outstanding understanding of the Web and/or experience producing for the Web
- Strong familiarity with book blogs and online writing communities
- Knowledge of social networking websites as well as Web 2.0 ideas
Please email resume, cover letter, and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate which position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls/agencies.
Penguin Group (USA) Inc. is the U.S. member of the internationally renowned Penguin Group. Penguin Group (USA) is one of the leading U.S. adult and children’s trade book publishers, owning a wide range of imprints and trademarks, including Viking, G. P. Putnam’s Sons, The Penguin Press, Riverhead Books, Dutton, Penguin Books, Berkley Books, Gotham Books, Portfolio, New American Library, Plume, Tarcher, Philomel, Grosset & Dunlap, Puffin, and Frederick Warne, among others. The Penguin Group (http://www.penguin.com) is part of Pearson plc, the international media company.
Penguin Group (USA) values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.