Publishing Perspectives is seeking a full-time Marketing and Business Development Manager to work from the company’s New York City office. This person will work with the Publisher and Business Development Director to develop new business opportunities with international publishing companies, manage relationships with existing and new advertisers, manage key marketing activities and audience development, and sell advertising and other sponsored opportunities.
- Identify, connect with, and sell to potential advertisers and sponsors for Publishing Perspectives website and print magazines
- Work with Publishing Perspectives and its partner companies—IPR License and the Frankfurter Buchmesse—to develop business opportunities across all three companies
- Expand awareness of Publishing Perspectives in the international book publishing community
- Work with the Publisher to develop custom proposals and sponsored solutions for advertisers and partners
- Manage advertising projects, including timelines and deliverables
- Develop sales and marketing material about Publishing Perspectives
- Manage key marketing activities, including relationships and audience development
- Create and manage lists of target advertisers, sponsors and partners
- Some domestic and international travel is required.
- 2-5 years’ experience working in book publishing, marketing or sales
- Some knowledge of the book publishing industry
- Ability to keep track of and meet deadlines on multiple projects at a time
- Experience working with people from other countries
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Comfortable speaking and presenting to groups of people
- Computer literacy, including MS Office, social media; Adobe and HTML a plus
- Native or near native English fluency; foreign language is a plus
How to Apply:
Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.