By Porter Anderson, Editor-in-Chief | @Porter_Anderson
Nine Companies Named To Make ProductsBy the autumn, licensed products should be showing up in American and Canadian stores based on Roald Dahl’s stories Matilda, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, James and the Giant Peach, and The BFG.
This is according to Bob Traub at the UK’s Brand Activation Consulting (BAC) agency. Traub and the Roald Dahl Story Company have announced nine licensees selected to spearhead the launch of the products in North America, which will turn on Sir Quentin Blake‘s illustrations.
The Roald Dahl estate announced BAC as its exclusive North American licensing agent in September 2017.
The partners listed for the media are:
- Out of Print for newborn through adult apparel, accessories and gifts
- Litographs for adult apparel, accessories and posters
- Storiarts for book scarves, accessories, and newborn blankets and caps
- Culturenik for prints and gifts
- Winning Moves for Top Trumps card game
- Fiesta Crafts for hand and finger puppets
- Riley Blake for fabric and fabric kits
- Storybook Cosmetics for a beauty collaboration
- Rococo Chocolates for confectionary
In a prepared statement, Traub is quoted, saying on BAC’s part, “We’ve had a great reception to the Roald Dahl brands. … Everyone, from kids to adults, has a favorite character and book by Dahl.
“As the licensing program continues to grow, we look forward to giving those fans new outlets to express their love of the stories.”
And for the Dahl Story Company, Stephanie Griggs, its licensing and design director, is quoted, saying, “As one of the top storytellers of all time, Roald Dahl [wrote stories that] have already seen decades of success in North America in publishing, school and library programs, feature films, and live shows.”
If you’ll be at the Las Vegas Licensing Expo (May 22 to 24), you’ll find BAC’s stand at F124. Appointments can be made in advance by emailing email@example.com
More from Publishing Perspectives on rights and licensing is here.