Frankfurt, 14 April 2015 – This fall, the Frankfurt Book Fair and Publishing Perspectives will launch a new event — The Markets: Global Publishing Summit — to better help publishers around the world understand and create partnerships in seven important current and future markets.
Now that publishers have tackled the digital revolution, new challenges await as new markets emerge and opportunities arise. On Tuesday, 13 October 2015, The Markets will showcase seven strong and vibrant regions, along with a publishing segment from each region, that offer promising opportunities for international business and partnerships:
- China: International partnerships and joint ventures
- Germany: STM publishing
- Indonesia: Whole publishing market
- Mexico: Trade publishing
- South Korea: Education and children’s books
- Turkey: Trade publishing
- USA: Digital publishing and innovation
At The Markets: Global Publishing Summit, each region will be presented from three perspectives: analysis, vision, and players.
- Analysis – an expert from each market will present facts and figures, special characteristics and significant developments, and estimate the global business potential
- Vision – a thought leader will discuss where the market is headed, what current trends could mean for the future, and which people and companies to watch going forward
- Players – the seven most important or interesting players from each market will present themselves and their strategies. The afternoon sessions will offer attendees the opportunity to sit down with these 7×7 key players from each market and openly discuss how to work together.
The core idea of The Markets is to provide a platform for taking the next steps into the digital future of publishing, for building on the collective knowledge of the future of storytelling and content creation, and forging new relationships through facilitated discussion sessions for attendees to both talk to their peers about important and emerging issues such as open access, subscription models, direct-to-consumer sales, rights and licensing, distribution while also connecting with those important players in these regions with whom they might do business.
Holger Volland, VP Business Development at the Frankfurt Book Fair, said: “Like no other book fair in the world, the Frankfurt Book Fair is all about expanding your international business, networking and identifying opportunities on a global scale. Our conference “The Markets” will shine a spotlight on seven exciting book markets that are rewarding places for investment. We have invited experts on all the relevant market segments who will share their deep knowledge and insights with the participants. In this way we hope to provide fresh impetus while sounding out new fields of business.”
The Markets: Global Publishing Summit
Co-organized by the Frankfurt Book Fair and Publishing Perspectives
Tuesday, October 13, 2015
More information online at www.TheMarkets2015.com and www.book-fair.com.