Publishing Perspectives is looking for a hard-working intern interested in book publishing, journalism and online media to work from our office in New York City.
As the trade magazine for international book publishing, Publishing Perspectives offers you a fantastic opportunity to learn about the international book business, as well as journalism and online media. You’ll work closely with our small team to learn about each aspect of our business and gain hands-on experience.
This full-time internship includes a monthly stipend.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Interest in book publishing and journalism
- Basic understanding of social media
- Some InDesign and Photoshop experience
- Familiarity with Mac computers, HTML and WordPress are a plus
- Foreign language skills are a plus
What you’ll do:
- Assist with content development: research, draft and edit articles for the Publishing Perspectives website
- Contribute to our print magazines: research and edit images and content, assist with layout
- Spread the word: help update our robust social media networks, maintain contact and mailing lists
- Build your web experience: draft web content, update the website, gain experience with WordPress and HTML
- We are looking for an intern who can start immediately (March-May), as well as a summer intern (June-August).
How to apply:
To apply, email the following to Hannah Johnson at email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Writing samples (optional)
- Your availability (March-May or June-August)