By Hannah Johnson
Today the 2014 Frankfurt Book Fair kicks off, with Finland as the Guest of Honor. Fair-goers will find a host of new digital and technology companies at the fair, as well as selected networking events, stage presentations, discussions about the future of publishing and more. Agents have flocked to the sold-out Literary Agents and Scouts Center, and publishers have full schedules of meetings for the next few days.
Download Publishing Perspectives‘ Show Daily for Wednesday, October 8 to find out who’s here, what they said at CONTEC and Rights Directors Meeting, and what’s on for the first day of the fair:
In this issue, you’ll find:
- How Big Data can help publishers
- Tech companies and publishers call for more collaboration
- One-Question Interviews of international publishers
- Samsung at the Frankfurt Book Fair
- Richard Charkin on English-language rights
- and more!