By Hannah Johnson
On the eve of the 2014 Frankfurt Book Fair, publishing professionals have gathered at the fairgrounds to participate in new Business Club events, the annual Rights Directors Meeting, and the digitally focused CONTEC conference. Literary agents are doing deals at the famous Frankfurter Hof and Hessischer Hof, and thought leaders in media and book publishing are discussing the future of the industry.
Download Publishing Perspectives‘ Show Daily to find out about what’s happening today in Frankfurt, as well as what VIP speakers have to say about current trends in books, publishing and bookselling.
In this issue, you’ll find:
- Q&A with Richard Charkin, Future IPA President
- Introduction to Frankfurt’s New Business Club
- Editorial: When Publishing Begins to Look Like a Bad Relationship
- Preview of CONTEC presentations from Widbook and 24symbols
- Interview with Marga Kleinenberg of the Netherlands’ “New Library”
- Research on Mobile Phone Reading
- STM E-Books in Mexico
- Introduction to Southeast and South Asia’s New Collective Stand in Frankfurt
- 100 Years of Curtis Brown