Publishers Launch Frankfurt will make its second appearance at the Frankfurt Book Fair this year, after a successful debut in 2011. This day-long conference, organized by Publishers Lunch newsletter founder Michael Cader and renowned publishing consultant Mike Shatzkin, focuses on trade publishing.
Discount for Publishing Perspectives Readers
Register below with discount code Partner20PP to receive 20% off tickets.
What: Publishers Launch Frankfurt Conference: Innovators and Circumstances
When: Monday, October 8 from 10:30 am to 6:30 pm
Where: Frankfurt Book Fair, Hall 4.2, Room Dimension
Price: €499 + VAT
About Publishers Launch Frankfurt
Is the world beyond English about to see disruption in the next few months similar to what happened in trade publishing in the US and the UK over the past few years? Or will the changes be different? And what innovations in product, marketing, and business processes can best assure success in the years to come?
Register today for the Publishers Launch Frankfurt conference, where you’ll hear nine innovative executives explaining why they’re doing things differently than they did before and than most of their competitors do now, and nine other presentations on the changing circumstances in the publishing world that might mean the experience in your market will be different than what we’ve seen happen in the US and UK.
Attend the conference to learn from and network with our outstanding innovative publishing executives, including:
- Helmut Pesch, Lübbe, on eBook-first imprints and publishing directly into other languages
- Rebecca Smart, Osprey, on profiting from vertical communities
- Rick Joyce, Perseus, on using social media to find the right marketing messages and venues
- Charlie Redmayne, Pottermore, on building a new approach to digital publishing
- Stephen Page, Faber, on building services and events into a traditional publishing model
- Anthony Forbes Watson, Pan Macmillan, on reconfiguring your organization to be closer to authors and readers
- Ken Michaels, Hachette, on how big publisher IT has to change and use more cloud solutions
- Marcello Vena, RCS Libri, on eBook-first imprints, publishing in English, and DRM-free
- Dominique Raccah, Sourcebooks, on multiple experiments rethinking the core business model
And hear experts assess how the environment in publishing is changing at both the global and corporate levels:
- An analyst’s view of Amazon, Apple, Facebook, Google, and Microsoft’s strategies and how they will impact publishing
- Barnes & Noble’s view of their first expansion outside the US
- A marketplace expert’s view of how bookstores affect discovery and how tablet-led markets will be different than eReader markets were
- How digital publishing is moving forward in the BRIC countries
- How the developing Spanish market is like English, and how it is different
- And more…
Don’t miss the opportunity to hear about change inside companies and in the publishing landscape and to network with these forward-thinkers as you plan your own strategy.
Buy Tickets for Publishers Launch Frankfurt
conference – Online Event Management with the ticketing solution from amiando