By Publishing Perspectives
Nowhere is the increased level of interest in and attention to design in the United States more apparent than in the world of design book publishing. And no city in the U.S. celebrates and elevates design more than New York City.
So it is only fitting that the inaugural Designers & Books Fair will take place October 26-28, 2012, on the campus of the Fashion Institute of Technology in Manhattan. At the Fair, publishers will have their architecture, fashion, graphic design, interior design, landscape architecture, product and industrial design, and urban design titles available for sale. Rare and out-of-print book dealers will also be exhibiting and selling. In addition, some of the design field’s most notable names will speak in tickets events and sell their books over the course of the two days.
Among those confirmed to take part in the programming are:
- Designer Todd Oldham in conversation with Wendy Goodman
- Architects Tod Williams and Billie Tsien in conversation with Paul Goldberger
- Author and creative director Hal Rubenstein in conversation with Valerie Steele
- Steve Heller moderating a panel on how to get published in the design book world
- Designer Eric Chan and colleagues in conversation on design in China
- Design Observer founders Michael Bierut, William Drenttel, and Jessica Helfand presenting a mini-conference on the key issues facing design and designers today.
The Fair is the brainchild of Steve Kroeter, founder of the popular website Designers & Books, which has received over 1 million page views from people interested in books as sources of inspiration for creativity, innovation, and invention.
Designers and Books Fair 2012
When: October 27-28, 2012 (Special Keynote Event on October 26)
Where: Fashion Institute of Technology, NYC
For more information, including exhibitors’ information, click here.