When: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Where: Scholastic Headquarters, 557 Broadway, New York, NY — See map »
Price: $199 before March 31st, 2012 (Regular price: $249)
The event will bring together leaders in the field of children’s publishing in the run-up to BookExpo America to discuss some of the most compelling and timely issues for print and digital publishing, including: What makes a children’s book great? How and what will children be reading in 2020? Children’s and young adult publishing remains one of the industry’s most profitable growth areas. But what lies ahead for this unique segment?
The following speakers have been confirmed for this event. Stay tuned for program and speaker updates in the coming days.
- Beth Kephart, Author and National Book Award Finalist
- Jacob Lewis, Co-founder and CEO, Figment
- Kevin O’Conner, Director of Business and Publishers Relations, Barnes & Noble, NOOK Kids
- Richard Robinson, Chairman, President and CEO, Scholastic Inc.
- Pamela Paul, Children’s Books Editor, New York Times Book Review
- John Rocco, Children’s Book Author and Illustrator
- Rosemary Stimola, President and Founder, Stimola Literary Studio
Clients include Suzanne Collins, Irene Latham, David Macinnis Gill, R.A. Nelson, Mary E. Pearson
- Roger Sutton, Editor-in-Chief, The Horn Book, Inc.
- Ken Wright, Agent, Writers House
Clients include Printz, Caldecott and Newbery medalist & honor winners, YALSA excellence in nonfictions winners, and New York Times bestsellers