By Edward Nawotka
It starts when you are young: do you take the birthday money grandma gave you and buy that toy you want or stick it in the bank? Do you pool it with a friend to open a lemonade stand on a hot summer day or spend it with the ice cream man rolling slowly down the block? What to do with your money is a perennial question. And how to invest it is often far move vexing than how to spend it.
Today’s feature story considers various opportunities for investors in today’s publishing market and offers some good advice for those seeking funding. As the story points out technology was seen as the most promising play for the last several years, but content is making a comeback. So, tell us, which segment do you think holds the most promise for publishing investors?
Which Segment is Most Promising for Publishing Investors?
- E-book production and distribution (36%, 21 Votes)
- Apps and multimedia (20%, 12 Votes)
- Self-publishing platforms (14%, 8 Votes)
- Traditional trade publishing (14%, 8 Votes)
- Social media and book discovery (7%, 4 Votes)
- STM and textbook publishing (7%, 4 Votes)
- Other (Let us know in the comments) (2%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 59