By Edward Nawotka
After attending our Metadata Perspectives conference at the Frankfurt Book Fair you might just begin thinking of October 13 as the first day of the rest of your publishing career. We don’t want to over-promise, but having put together a roster of a dozen of the world’s top experts on metadata, we can at least guarantee that you’ll walk away better prepared to face the digital future. You’ll have the tools you need to increase your sales and future proof your publishing business in the face of ever increasing digital competition.
Space is increasingly limited. Subscribers to Publishing Perspectives can take advantage of special code MD2011PP for a discounted rate. Sign up at www.book-fair.com/metadata
The schedule of events is as follow:
- 9:00 Introducing Metadata for the Digital Age, Ingrid Goldstein, Consultant, Knowledge Architectures
- 9:25 Learning to Love Metadata, Fran Toolan, Firebrand Technologies
- 9:50 Integration of Metadata between Web Frontend and Publishing Backend, Gregor Wolf, CTO, Kloptek and Christian Kohl, Senior Manager, de Gruyter
- 10:10 Metadata for Editorial and Sales Impact, Peter Lynch, Trade Manager, Sourcebooks
- 10:30 The Role of the Data Aggregator, Peter Mathews, Publishing & Editorial Manager, Nielsen
- 10:50 Google and the Top Three Metadata Mistakes You Can Make, Michael Bhaskar, Digital Publishing Director, Profile Books
- 11:10 Metadata As Enabler for Common Access to EU Information, Peter Schmitz and Marc Wilhelm Küster, European Publications Office of the EU
- 11:30 Break, Snacks will be provided.
- 12:00 Meeting the Metadata Needs of Librarians, Patricia Payton, Bowker
- 12:20 Product Metadata Best Practices in the U.S. Book Market, Angel Bole, BISG
- 13:20 Managing Metadata for Production, Steve Paxhia and Jonathan Hevenstone, Jouve
- 13:40 Metadata for the Industry, Ronald Schild, CEO, MV