« Growth Markets

Best of Publishing Perspectives 2010: Middle East and China

asia globe

Markets like China and others in the Middle East have shown that they have huge capacity for growth and can offer opportunities to Western publishing companies. In order for you to get to know these markets better, here are our top articles on China and the Middle East from 2010.

China

The E-reader Market in China (And Its Unique Business Models)
Read the article >>

Beijing International Book Fair: E-books and Digital Content Boost China’s $150bn Publishing Media Market (Update)
Read the article >>

China’s Biggest E-Publisher Launches Bambook E-Reader and E-bookstore
Read the article >>

China’s Rising Readership, Emerging Authors Offer Opportunities for Western Publishers
Read the article >>

The Billion Copy Opportunity
Read the article >>

Middle East

Iraqi Books Hit the International Market for First Time Since the War
Read the article >>

Sharjah’s Int’l Book Fair Makes a Big Push for UK and US Publishers
Read the article >>

Middle East Graphic Novelists Push Boundaries, Challenge Taboos, and Pay a Price
Read the article >>

Bloomsbury Qatar Parties with the Queen, Launches First List
Read the article >>

Abu Dhabi Launches Pan-Arab Book Distribution Company
Read the article >>

Strengthening Copyright Protections in the Middle East
Read the article >>

Read more “Best of” Publishing Perspectives:

This entry was posted in Growth Markets and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

1. charles m kemp
    Posted January 6, 2011 at 7:38 am | Permalink

I wish to get my book in the middle East and china markets

2. Posted January 6, 2011 at 7:44 am | Permalink

I am an international Medium & aslo work for one of the top Paranormal radio stations in the world. My approach towards the whole * life after death issue* is very modern and user friendly. I would really love my book to be included in the adove events. Send me more details about what I need to do

Thanx Angie Kruger

3. Posted January 7, 2011 at 8:48 am | Permalink

It’s good to know that Abu Dhabi launched Pan Arab book distribution company. In 2004 when I first published my book The Lost I in Dubai the publisher faced a distribution problem, especially that the book was in English.

It’s also interesting to hear that Bloomsbury has opened an office in Qatar and I just wish that they would be more open to submissions from Middle East writers and that they will not be a mere presence.

4. Posted January 7, 2011 at 8:54 pm | Permalink

Great opportunity!

5. Posted January 7, 2011 at 8:56 pm | Permalink

From the Publisher
    There are demons of the deep with a hunger that cannot be sated. Evolution has played its role, as has environment. Mankind has contributed, and now Carcharhinus Leucas hunts. Unwary swimmers and boaters, who chance the seas of Ecstasy Shores, Florida, soon become its victims.

Danny Ray has a past he would rather forget, and now resides on his luxury yacht docked in the port of Ecstasy Shores. His ship is about to launch on a summer voyage with a group of young students. Danny wasn’t looking for love, but love comes nonetheless, and with it a price: Danny’s past has come back to haunt him. Just when Danny finally faces his own demons, something comes in with the tide.

Everyone at Ecstasy Shores is in the grip of a dark cloud blowing in from the sea that brings with it a monster storm; a storm that unleashes its own monsters of the deep that come in a gigantic size. Leucas has arrived!

Taking his inspiration from Peter Benchley’s Jaws, author Richard R. Blackston has updated the classic novel with his own twists and turns. He lives in Michigan and is working on several upcoming books.

Publisher’s website:

6. norm stewart
    Posted January 8, 2011 at 11:46 am | Permalink

“GOLDEN BEACH” BY NORM STEWART. WHAT IS INVOLVED?

7. Posted January 8, 2011 at 11:59 am | Permalink

I HAVE A GREAT BOOK TO SELL FOR CHILDREN 3-8 YEARS OLD
    88 PAGES AND 44 COLOR PICTURERS

8. Posted January 9, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Permalink

Historical fiction. 1791-1840 (Cherokee/American history)

9. Posted January 12, 2011 at 11:20 am | Permalink

Every child wants to learn to read, even those in deprived and or rural areas in the US. Now, We want to spread the reading word to children in developing locations in China, India, the Middle East and South and Latin America.
    “Read To Me Bo”, encourages families to read all kinds of children’s books to their young ones.

10. Sophie Kate Evans
    Posted January 16, 2011 at 12:17 am | Permalink

I would like my self published to sell overseas and not just in Australia.

11. Posted January 21, 2011 at 11:14 am | Permalink

1. I have two books published by Author House. What’s your fee for marketing them in China and the Mid-east?

2. Can you publish my third novel currently in progress; what are the fees?

Thanks for your attention.

12. Posted January 25, 2011 at 7:26 pm | Permalink

I have just published a children’s picture book about a little rabbit living on a golf course. It is a great introduction to children into the game of golf, the fun and frustrations that go with it.

As it is the Chinese Year of the Rabbit, I would love to market my book to the Chinese people.

Thanks
    Pam Byrne

13. Kingsley Njoku
    Posted February 11, 2011 at 5:08 am | Permalink

My book is currently being published by Strategic Book Publishing. I see this as a agreat opportunity indeed. I would also like to be included in these opportunities.